Your glass storefront is the first thing that customers see when they walk up to your shop, so it's extremely important to keep the area clean and organized. The last thing you want a new customer to see is streaky windows, piled up merchandise, and a cluster of unorganized carts.
Arranging merchandise in your store's windows and corralling carts is simple, but it isn't always easy to find a window cleaner that doesn't leave streaks. Fortunately, you don't have to purchase multiple window cleaners before you find on that works. With a few common ingredients, it's easy to make your own window cleaner that's simple to use and will leave your windows streak free.
Make Homemade Glass Cleaner
What You Need:
- White vinegar
- Essential oils in your favorite scent (optional)
- Empty spray bottles
- Mix together two cups of water and two tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into your spray bottle.
- Add 10 to 15 drops of essential oils in your favorite scent if you want to mask the smell of the vinegar.
- Put the lid on your spray bottle and shake the bottle until the essentials oils are mixed well with the other ingredients.
- Repeat the steps until you have enough homemade glass cleaner to clean the glass in your storefront multiple times per day, if needed, for at least a week. This way, you don't have to make a fresh bottle of glass cleaner every single day.
Cleaning Storefront Windows
What You Need:
- Homemade glass cleaner
- Microfiber cloth
- Liquid dish soap (only needed for the first cleaning)
The first time your clean your storefront windows with your homemade cleaner, add a few drops of liquid dish soap to the cleaner. The dish soap helps remove any residue of commercial cleaners from your windows.
- Spray a generous amount of your homemade cleaner on the inside of your storefront windows.
- Use the microfiber cloth to wipe the cleaner from the window in a circular motion.
- Repeat the process on the outside of the window.
Keep in mind that the residue from commercial cleaners can leave streaks on your windows. So, if you see streaks after you've used your homemade cleaner for the first time, repeat the cleaning process until all of the residue is removed.
Not only does this homemade glass cleaner help you keep the glass in your storefront streak free, it's cost effective too. Whether you make a few bottles at a time or you only go through one bottle per week, this cleaner will save you money and leave your storefront windows sparkling and clear.Share